Monday, November 23, 2009

Blog Post #11

I have a very honest personality. I am not afraid to speak my mind and tell the truth. I say pretty much whatever is on my mind in most cases. I have to keep my mouth shut when it could get me in trouble though. I otherwise always have an opinion to share. I also have a sarcastic and humorous personality. I love sarcasm and use it daily. Thats just how I am. I also have a great sense of humor and can be caught laughing often. I am 1) outgoing- this is positive in that I can talk to other people without being intimidated and I will have more opportunities in live with this trait. 2) funny- people always tell me that I am funny. They love to be around me because I can make them laugh with little effort 3) great listener- I am always there for my friends when they need to get things off their chests. I like helping people and listening to their problems to give them helpful advice. 4) competitive- I always put up a fight when something isn't right. I like to argue and am pretty good at it. I fight for what is right. 5) athletic- I love sports and staying active. I think it is extremely important to stay active in life. It will help you live longer and it keeps you sane. 6) negativity- I can be negative when I want to be. Im not the most optimistic person because this world isnt always happy happy. Bad things happen and when you are optimistic allllll the time, you wont be prepared. 7) pushiness- I tend to get pushy when things dont go my way. im one of those people whose motto is " we do things my way or no way at all." Thats just how I am. 8) lazy- I will admit that I am lazy sometimes. I sometimes procrastinate on homework and important things simply because I am lazy. I always find better things to do with my time. I know I should work on this trait, but I am too lazy to try.

I am half optimistic and half pessimistic. I like to think positive but that cant always happen. I tend to think negatively towards sports, like football for instance. Stratford had a bad year and I had no faith in the team, therefore I had no faith that they could win a game. Some would call that pessimistic. I call it reality. My honest opinions are mostly pessimistic because life just isnt fair. Not everything is going to go the way you would like. Some people dont realize this and are too optimistic. then when something unfortunate happens to them, poop hits the fan. I know that I sound super pessimistic from what I am saying, but I am not always this way. I get optimistic when school is over. It is hard for me to stay happy while I am in school doing homework. But when I get out, I am as happy as one can be. I guess it all depends on the day too. One day I might be pissed at the world, otherdays I am perfectly peachy! I am optimistic about jazz band. We have practices at 7:15 in the morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays. One would normally dread getting up early to go play music, but I always look forward to it. I love playing my instruments so I always am excited to go to band. I am a band geek.

My "great listener" trait might change when someone is telling me something I dont want to hear or dont necessarily agree with. If a friend was telling me about how another friend was acting to them in a negative way, I wouldnt want to hear it and probably would try to set the story straight and figure out their harsh feelings towards the other friend. Situations like that benefit me because I will be able to solve a problem in a non-conflicting way by talking it over calmly with the person. My "competitive" trait might change in a game of basketball where we are down in . If the score is 54-9 in the 4th quarter, I am going to lose my competitveness because we are down in the game. I will lose all hope in trying to win the game and will feel like a loser for being down that far. It is a common situation with Stratford girls basketball. They dont ever have a good record or win many games, so they stop trying to succeed. This change doesnt benefit anyone. It isnt good to stop caring. It can be a bad thing to do often because then you will evolve into someone who is lazy and doesnt care about anything anymore.

Displacement is used when I get angry. After my sister Jenessa does something stupid to tork me off, I normally get so mad that I go around throwing stuff and kicking things until I reach my bedroom, where I slam the door shut as hard as I can. That is common in my house because my sisters always find a way to get me angry.
Repression is the defense mechanism I use when I think about needles. I hate needles and blood and things that get injected into the body. It really grosses me out. I once passed out before I recieved an IV because I was so terrified to get something injected into my system. I now hate thinking about that incident and cant really remember much of it. But that might be due to the IV fluids that knocked me out.
I was in denial when my old babysitter died. It didnt really hit me until a few days after it happened. It was really hard to think that someone I knew really well was gone forever. I refused to believe that it was true until it finally sank in.

1 comment:

  1. I also believe that a person should show distress before actually being diagnosed with a psycholgical disorder. Some people go in there and expect to be classified as a person with a disorder just because they think a different way. Also, society also wants people who are "abnormal" to be diagnosed with a disorder.

    ReplyDelete